For this article, I will discuss
Old-fashioned Egg Cake. In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until well mixed. Mix on low until no dry flour remains and then repeat three more times until all of the flour has been incorporated.
Old fashioned carrot cake with pineapple is the easiest and best-tasting cake I've ever had. This Old Fashioned Pound Cake recipe is one my mother made often throughout my childhood. Dense and buttery, this traditional pound cake is the perfect blank canvas for a fruit glaze or whipped topping. You can cook Old-fashioned Egg Cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old-fashioned Egg Cake
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It's 170 gr of sugar (add more if you prefer).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 180 gr of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 35 gr of oil.
- Prepare of (me: 15 gr melted butter + 20 gr oil).
Traditionally made with a pound each of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, I like to also add a splash of vanilla. But the glaze was very strange. It's a caramel base, and caramel is a very strong flavor for cake to begin with, but then the white sugar is added to the mix while lukewarm, so it never melts properly, giving it a gritty texture. You might check a little earlier because my oven runs cool.
Old-fashioned Egg Cake step by step
- Whisk egg, sugar and salt in a high speed until foamy and thick.
- Pour dry ingredients (flour+bp) into the batter using spatula or mixer at lowest speed then add fat (oil+butter).
- Pour batter into an individual cup, fill it for about 3/4 portion.
- Pre-heat oven 180 degC. Bake cakes for about 30-40 minutes.
If doubling or tripling the recipe, you'll have to increase the cooking time substantially. UPSIDE DOWN CAKE: Gold cake is a heavy, rich and moist cake with a yellow color! It's so delicious! 😀 Gold cake is made with just egg yolks - so it's a perfect way to use up leftover egg yolks! This recipe for gold cake is from the Victorian era. Today, gold cake is also called yellow cake … Continue reading Old-Fashioned Gold Cake With Egg Yolks → Pound cake is a simple butter cake that cooks have been making and sharing for generations.
Thus our article which we give the title: